Extend your reach with live platforms
Video is critical to any marketing campaign and it’s just getting more prevalent. 74% of all internet traffic is predicted to be video in 2017 – and studies show that merely using the word “video” in your email subject line can increase open rates by 19% and click-through rates by 65%. We know you’re already embracing video. Why not take the next step to a hot live platform such as Facebook Live to reach your diverse audiences?
Great reasons to go live
Live-streaming takes your video marketing efforts to an entirely new, interactive level. Today’s live-streaming campaigns create a community out of your target audience and a stronger connection to your brand. Some of the benefits of going live include:
- It’s still video, with all the appeal of your current video campaigns.
- It adds an instant connection for social media users who love immediate, day-in-the-life experiences.
- When you do it right, you get great user engagement and instant feedback.
- It’s no more expensive than your current video marketing. All you need to live stream is a stable, strong internet connection and an HD quality camera.
Smart steps to max out your efforts
Before you hit “play,” remember that you want maximize your efforts and get as many people as possible tuning in to watch your live event. Some things would be better presented as a recorded video that can be watched anytime, including:
- Product demos
- Office tours
- Exec / staff introductions
- Live testimonials
Live-streaming works really well for something that people need to see right now – like a broadcast from a conference or celebration. Creating a sense of urgency and excitement brings in more viewers!
Here are some tips to get the most out of live-streaming:
- Share breaking news, timely information and product or service launches.
- Use advance scheduling when it makes sense. Set a weekly or monthly schedule so interested people can anticipate when the next one will happen.
- If it’s a one-time event, promote it in advance on social media so people can put it on their calendar and know to attend, almost like a live webinar. Make use of Facebook’s ability to schedule a live video and announce to followers in advance when you place to go live.
- Consider snackable clips or live “blog” posts for big announcements.
- Don’t overlook SEO. Upload copies of those videos from live platforms to YouTube for more reach and searchability.
- Be “camera ready,” available to chat about your products and services and take whatever opportunities come your way.
- Experiment with content to find out what works best for your campaign.
- Try different platforms. A few popular options are Facebook Live, Instagram Live, YouTube Live and Periscope. Not all platforms will fit your brand or audience, of course, so test what is best for you.
Marketers who are using live platforms say that the “unscripted, unedited and more authentic” medium helps engage customers like never before. So get real, go live and start reaping the benefits.