Video Mailers: Move Over, Postcards
When is the last time you received an unexpected delivery in the mail that made you take a second look? The video mailer – also known as video direct mail, video book, video brochure or LCD video mailer – is a state-of-the-art marketing and communications tool that is sure to surprise your customers. Here’s a quick read about how you can use a video mailer to cut through the clutter.
What is it?
A video mailer looks like a hardcover brochure, or even a thin tablet, but when the recipient opens it, the message comes to life, the message comes to life on thin, built-in LCD screens. These printed mailers have thin, built-in LCD screens, making for an attention-grabbing device that is sure to get past the “gatekeepers” and into the hands of decision makers. The features of the typical video mailer include:
- The ability to convey your message using print, audio and video in one package
- Enough storage for 10 – 15 minutes of video
- And rechargeable batteries that last for 2 – 3 hours of playback time and 3 months of standby time.
How can it be used?
You can load this nifty tool with your existing videos or something created especially for the mailer, just by plugging into the mailer’s USB port. It’s easy to change the video content at any time. Video mailers have a lot of versatility and can be used for:
- Direct mail campaigns
- Point-of-sale material
- Training tools
- Tradeshow giveaways
- Follow-up communications from large events
- General collateral material
60-second Signal case study
A client contacted the Signal team to create and distribute a video mailer to a database of people that were using a competitor product. Messaging was short and to the point, offering one call to action to go online to request a free sample. Results:
- Existing global content was made more available to a targeted audience
- Client saved time and money by sending free samples only to interested prospects
- Instead of waiting for people to stumble across it online, content was effectively pushed out to key audiences
Ready to send your audience an unexpected mail delivery that makes them take a second look? Give the creative special forces at Signal a call!