Second Helpings: How to Repurpose Content
Reduce, reuse…repurpose your content! Marketing content costs time, effort and money to create, so make sure to wring as much value as you can out of it. Take that presentation or white paper off the shelf and retool it to keep audiences engaged – and organic website traffic moving smoothly. Below, we lift the hood a little on repurposing.
Won’t people know we’re reusing content?
It’s unlikely that even your biggest fans have tracked everything you publish. Remember the old “Rule of Seven” advertising adage? People need to hear your message multiple times before they take action.
When is the best time to repurpose content?
- Audiences have changed
- You need to reinforce critical messages
- Organic visibility is stagnant
- Anytime you want to make things easier on your marketing team – and their budget!
What’s the biggest benefit of content reuse?
Other than saving time, effort and money? Some people like to read 1000-word blog posts. Others like 2-minute videos. Repurposing content helps you appeal to different content preferences, expanding your audience.
How can I find my best-performing content?
Dive into your analytics to find the hot content to repurpose. Consider factors like views, social engagement and shares.
Hey, how about some great ideas?
- Repurpose compelling stats or quotes from blog posts, white papers or surveys into snackable infographics for social sharing
- Turn tradeshow and conference presentations into SlideShare presentations to increase reach
- Turn a blog post into something visual, like an infographic or a whiteboard explainer video
- Gather some experts and have them discuss the topic of a recent presentation or blog post in a podcast
- Repackage related evergreen blog posts into something meatier, like an e-book with new visual elements
- Record an audio version of an e-book for easy “drive time” listening
- Publish webinars as tutorials on YouTube
- Create a quiz or a game from existing content
Need some help repurposing your content? Let Signal help you slice and dice and re-imagine to keep your audience engaged.