Signal is a digital agency based in Raleigh, NC that helps large companies leverage advanced technologies to implement mission-critical applications and create engaging marketing communications. Signal’s team of 20+ employees works across creative, marketing and technology disciplines to create websites, videos and other marketing materials.
The Video Editor is responsible for planning, designing, directing, and producing video and multimedia projects for Signal’s clients. The Video Editor will play a key role in the vision, definition, and execution of new video projects will help establish Signal as a premier creative services firm.
- Help Signal to excel creatively and professionally to become a premier provider of video services.
- Maintain an expert-level knowledge of video editing, motion graphics and video production processes.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of video editing and motion graphics software (e.g., Mac OS, Adobe Creative Cloud, After Effects, Vimeo, YouTube, or comparable tools). Must learn and master new software products as required to meet client demands and expectations.
- Collaborate with Signal’s creative team and clients to provide creative concepts and storyboard layouts for a wide variety of projects.
- Edit raw video and audio, animate graphics, and complete any required video post-production tasks to ensure the successful completion of each project.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of video production processes, capture and encoding formats, and post-production/editing software.
- Maintain a working knowledge of video production equipment (e.g., cameras, lighting, audio, etc.), processes, roles, and responsibilities.
- Maintain relationships with outside resources such as freelance video production companies, animators, editors, photographers, voiceover artists, sound designers, 3-D modelers, copywriters, etc. to be utilized in accomplishing tasks as needed.
- Work closely with clients and account management to understand project goals, come up with video strategies, then ensure those goals are achieved.
- Create and maintain storyboards, style frames, video and audio clips and other digital assets.
- Adhere to latest standards and help Signal maintain an expert-level knowledge of video production.
- Coordinate with team to balance workloads and share resources as necessary to complete projects on schedule.
- Ensure that all creative and quality standards such as file authoring, preparation, proofing, exporting, organization, archiving, time records, systems management, etc. are maintained and keep Signal on the leading edge.
- Excellent communications and organizational skills
- Experience working with creative and technical teams for successful video implementation
- Keen attention to detail
- Have a good understanding of current video channels and production guidelines to create a consistent experience across various devices and platforms
- Strong creative, desktop, and organizational skills
- Must possess time/schedule management capabilities
- Have ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Possess ability to handle multiple priorities/projects simultaneously and work independently
- Team player
- Client service oriented
Education and Experience Requirements
- BFA or equivalent degree in Videography, Graphic Design, or related field.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience as a video editor or motion graphic designer.
- Benefits include paid holidays, vacation, simple IRA, healthcare and more. Signal’s standard working hours are 8:30am-5:30pm Mon-Fri.