Signal is a digital agency based in Raleigh, NC that helps large companies leverage advanced technologies to implement mission-critical applications and create engaging marketing communications. Signal’s team of 20+ employees works across creative, marketing and technology disciplines to create websites, applications and marketing materials.
The Application Developer is responsible for creating software specifications and prototypes and working with the UX/UI designers and web developers to create products for our clients. You will work closely with a highly skilled tight-knit team on the implementation of new product initiatives. You own the technical aspects of your deliverables and keep a close eye on estimates, status, productivity and code quality. You are proactive, are able to work with minimum supervision, and manage deliverables under tight deadlines in a fast-paced, changing environment.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Maintaining awareness of the latest industry trends and technologies
- Research and gather requirements for product development
- Providing technical advice to other departments
- Work with managers and developers to ensure projects release on time
- Plan, develop and maintain web and mobile applications that exceed client expectations.
- May also assist employees and clients with technical support and the installation and maintenance of the company’s network, servers and systems.
- Must perform other duties as assigned.
Desired Skills And Experience
- At least 3 years of related work experience required.
- Individual should be an excellent problem solver who is team-oriented, task and deadline driven, self-motivated, and gives attention to detail on challenging projects of any scale.
- The selected applicant should demonstrate a track record of innovative problem solving and written and oral communication skills.
- Server side development experience with Java, .NET, PHP
- Experience writing and consuming web services – REST, SOAP
- CMFs/CMS: WordPress, Magento, AEM, SharePoint, DNN, Drupal, Liferay, etc.
- ASP.NET (C#) & SQL Server experience
- Some experience in mobile development (web-based or native) for iOS & Android
- Experience developing with in the LAMP Stack
- Good understanding of web-related protocols such as HTTP, SSL/SSH, FTP and TCP
- Experience using various IDEs – Eclipse, Visual Studio, Xcode, etc.
- Basic system administration for Linux & Windows (Mac OS a Plus)
- Web/Application – IIS, Apache, Apache Tomcat
- Database – MySQL, SQL Server
- Experience using version control system such as Git
Education And Experience Requirements
Bachelor degree in Computer Science, related degree or equivalent experience.
Benefits include paid holidays, vacation, simple IRA, healthcare and more. Signal’s standard working hours are 8:30am-5:30pm Mon-Fri.