We are seeking a motivated and results-driven Account Executive to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales targets, outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work independently in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
As an Account Executive, you will be responsible for identifying, developing and maintaining relationships with clients, understanding their marketing and communication needs, and recommending appropriate digital and traditional marketing strategies to achieve their business goals. You will be expected to leverage your knowledge of digital marketing and communication trends and technologies to counsel clients on best practices and opportunities for growth.
If you are a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment and has a passion for helping clients achieve their marketing and communication goals, then we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity to join our team. We offer a competitive salary, benefits package, and opportunities for career growth and advancement.
General Summary of the Position
The Account Executive is responsible for the identification, development, and acquisition of new business clients for Signal through the pursuit of self-generated leads, referrals, and provided lists. The Account Executive will continue to foster and maintain those business relationships with his/her clients on Signal’s behalf.
- Acquire new Signal clients via personal and/or business network relationships, referrals, lists, inbound marketing efforts, outbound marketing efforts, member organizations, and any other professional outreach necessary. This is to include but not be limited to phone calls (hot, warm, cold), emails, letters, meetings, consultations, etc.
- Interact with prospects and existing clients to promote Signal’s capabilities and solicit new projects, including the preparation of written proposals and estimates.
- Understand the profile of an appropriate Signal client and soliciting and doing business only with such accounts.
- Manage projects on a daily basis for the clients for whom he/she chooses to provide account management
- Continually turn over project management for new and/or existing accounts to an Account Manager so the Account Executive can free up at least 50% of his/her time to prospect for new business and maintain the ongoing relationship with all his/her accounts. This includes all accounts he/she turns over to an Account Manager.
- Responsible for daily communications with client(s) and Signal staff. This includes all written and oral communications that covers all aspects of project(s) and business activities. This will include but not be limited to coordinating client meetings as needed, documentation as appropriate, and meeting internally as necessary with Signal staff to ensure smooth project flow.
- Develop a good rapport with clients and assist in maintaining good client relations, including self-analysis and improvement.
- Have/learn basic industry knowledge of rules and regulations relative to the particular industry of each of client as well as an understanding of Signal’s scope of work agreement.
- Invoice jobs and facilitate any billing issues with the Account Executive’s accounts.
- Track and follow up on accounts receivable, including all accounts assigned to an AM.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent communications (written and oral)
- Excellent organization
- Excellent attention to details
- Must be able to listen and understand client’s direction
- Ability to counsel clients on traditional and digital marketing and communications
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing or Communications preferred.
- Minimum 3 years in account services for advertising agency, public relations, etc.