Signal is a digital agency based in Raleigh, NC that helps large companies leverage advanced technologies to implement mission-critical applications and create engaging marketing communications. Signal’s team of 20+ employees works across creative, marketing and technology disciplines to create websites, applications and marketing materials. Example clients include John Deere, IQVIA, Ingersoll Rand, BlueCross NC and GE.
Signal is looking for an expert in front-end development, UI design and UX design to join our team. The UX/UI Developer is responsible for creating and implementing web sites and applications using a wide variety of modern frameworks, libraries, platforms, content management systems and other technologies including:
- Responsive HTML and CSS
- Content Management Systems (Adobe Experience Manager, Magento, WordPress, SharePoint, etc.)
- Conduct research and deconstruct our users’ digital interactions and habits.
- Work closely with clients’ and account management to understand target goals, come up with UI and UX strategies, then ensure those goals are achieved.
- Create and maintain digital assets, such as interface design files, wireframes, and interactive mockups using design and prototyping tools: e.g., Sketch and InVision.
- Adhere to latest standards and help Signal maintain an expert-level knowledge of interactive development and design.
- Coordinate with team to balance workloads and share resources as necessary to complete projects on schedule.
- Ensure that all creative and quality standards such as file preparation, testing, organization, time records, systems management, etc. are maintained and keep Signal on the leading edge.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Proficiency in designing interfaces and building clickable prototypes using (Sketch, InVision, Axure, Adobe Creative Cloud, etc.)
- A history of deconstructing user behavior to create an improved experience for users, showcased in the form of blog posts, articles, screencasts, etc.
- Proficiency using Git version control.
- Proficiency using the command line.
- Strong creative, desktop and organizational skills.
- Must possess time/schedule management capabilities.
- Have ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Possess ability to handle multiple priorities/projects simultaneously and work independently.
- Team player
- Client service oriented.
- Frequent contact with team members, management, vendors and customers.
- Must possess the leadership abilities to motivate and inspire others to do their best and give direction as needed to meet and/or exceed project requirements. Promote good work habits in the Signal environment by offering praise and reward for a job well done. Offer constructive criticisms to help others overcome weaknesses and achieve job expectations.
Education & Experience
- BFA or equivalent degree in Interactive Design, Computer Science, Graphic Design or related field.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience as a front-end developer.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience as a UI/UX designer.
- Signal’s standard working hours are 8:30am-5:30pm Mon-Fri. Employees may work remotely 1 day per week, if desired.