Signal is a digital agency based in Raleigh, NC that helps large companies leverage advanced technologies to implement mission-critical applications and create engaging marketing communications. Signal’s team of 20+ employees works across creative, marketing and technology disciplines to create websites, applications and marketing materials.
Signal is looking for a Digital Designer with experience in UX and visual design to join our team. The Digital Designer is responsible for gathering user requirements, designing graphic elements, and building thoughtful layouts and navigation structures. A portfolio of professional design projects that includes this type of work, as well as experience with design and prototyping tools (Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision, or comparable tools) are required. Any experience with UI development or print design is a plus.
- Conduct research and deconstruct our users’ digital interactions and habits.
- Work closely with clients’ and account management to understand target goals, come up with UI and UX strategies, then ensure those goals are achieved.
- Create and maintain digital assets, such as interface design files, wireframes, and interactive mockups using design and prototyping tools: e.g., Sketch and InVision.
- Adhere to latest standards and help Signal maintain an expert-level knowledge of interactive design.
- Coordinate with team to balance workloads and share resources as necessary to complete projects on schedule.
- Ensure that all creative and quality standards such as file preparation, testing, organization, time records, etc. are maintained and keep Signal on the leading edge.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Proficiency in designing interfaces and building clickable prototypes using Sketch, InVision, Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign), or comparable tools.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working with technical teams for successful design implementation.
- Strong attention to detail. Both in the design process, as well as QA testing after implementation.
- Have a good understanding of up-to-date digital design patterns and guidelines and be able to create a consistent experience across multiple devices.
- Strong creative, desktop and organizational skills.
- Must possess time/schedule management capabilities.
- Have ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Possess ability to handle multiple priorities/projects simultaneously and work independently.
- Team player.
- Client service oriented.
- Frequent contact with team members, management, vendors and customers.
- Must possess the leadership abilities to motivate and inspire others to do their best and give direction as needed to meet and/or exceed project requirements. Promote good work habits in the Signal environment by offering praise and reward for a job well done. Offer constructive criticisms to help others overcome weaknesses and achieve job expectations.
Education & Experience
- BFA or equivalent degree in Interactive Design, Graphic Design or related field.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience as a digital-focused designer.
Benefits include paid holidays, vacation, simple IRA, healthcare and more. Signal’s standard working hours are 8:30am-5:30pm Mon-Fri. Employees have the option to work remotely, if desired.
Send resumes, references and portfolio information to firstname.lastname@example.org.