Signal is a digital agency based in Raleigh, NC that helps large companies leverage advanced technologies to implement mission-critical applications and create engaging marketing communications. Signal’s team of 20+ employees works across creative, marketing and technology disciplines to create websites, applications and marketing materials. Example clients include John Deere, IQVIA, Ingersoll Rand, BlueCross NC and GE.
The Copywriter is responsible for developing written content and concept development for the company and its specified clients. You will work closely with Signal’s Copy Director and other team members to develop original concepts, themes and creative directions on various client projects. You will be producing original copy and editing content, including messaging platforms, content strategy, campaign development, digital marketing/advertising, and thought leadership content.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for editing client content and proofreading creative layouts and executions as assigned.
- Generating concepts and content for Signal’s internal projects, self-marketing and thought leadership pieces.
- Interactions with management, vendors, creative team, digital marketing team, and customers
- Must keep a work schedule and ensure that projects are completed on time.
- Must perform other duties as assigned
- Excellent creative commercial writing skills, with an understanding of the proper dynamics between words and imagery in creative design materials
- Ability to adapt to clients’ varying industries and target audiences to promote optimum communication
- Excellent organization and attention to detail
- Aptitude for marketing strategy and how to translate client objectives into written deliverables
- Familiarity with digital marketing and popular online advertising channels (social marketing ads, search ads, email campaigns, etc.) as well as traditional marketing channels (brochures, direct mail, TV/radio, etc.)
- Familiarity with corporate communication and thought leadership writing (white papers, trade publication articles, blog posts, etc.)
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Handle multiple priorities/projects simultaneously while working independently
- Team player
- Client service oriented
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Marketing, Journalism or related field
- Minimum of 5 years in copywriting and/or marketing
- Benefits include paid holidays, vacation, simple IRA, healthcare and more. Signal’s standard working hours are 8:30am-5:30pm Mon-Fri.
Send resumes and references to [email protected].