Signal is looking for an Art Director with experience in print and digital design to join our team. The Art Director is responsible for overseeing and executing a wide range of creative deliverables. A portfolio of professional design projects that includes this type of work, as well as experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, or comparable tools are required. Any experience with Google Web Designer, WordPress or basic html is a plus.
- Concepting and designing a variety of deliverables including brochures, ads, factsheets, signage, websites, emails, digital ads, etc.
- Work closely with clients’ and account management to understand target goals, come up with project strategies, then ensure those goals are achieved.
- Maintain relationships with outside creative resources such as freelance designers, illustrators, photographers, writers, etc. to be utilized in accomplishing tasks as needed.
- Adhere to latest standards and help Signal maintain an expert-level knowledge
- Coordinate with team to balance workloads and share resources as necessary to complete projects on schedule.
- Ensure that all creative and quality standards such as file preparation, proofing, organization, time records, systems management, etc. are maintained and keep Signal on the leading edge.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Proficiency in designing using Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign), Sketch, or comparable tools.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong creative, desktop, and organizational skills.
- Must be capable of managing time and schedules.
- Have ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Possess ability to handle multiple priorities/projects simultaneously
and work independently.
- Team player
- Client service oriented
- Print production and web design knowledge a must
- Must possess the leadership abilities to motivate and inspire others to do their best and give direction as needed to meet and/or exceed project requirements. Promote good work habits in the Signal environment by offering praise and reward for a job well done. Offer constructive criticisms to help others overcome weaknesses and achieve job expectations.
Education & Experience
- BFA or equivalent degree in Interactive Design, Graphic Design or related field.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience Art Director or designer.
Benefits include paid holidays, vacation, simple IRA, healthcare and more. Signal’s standard working hours are 8:30am-5:30pm Mon-Fri. Employees have the option to work remotely, if desired.
Send resumes and references to [email protected].