Signal is a well-established digital agency based in Raleigh, NC seeking an exceptional developer to assist in the creation of innovative web and mobile applications for a diverse client base.
The Application Developer is responsible for creating software specifications and prototypes and working with the UX/UI designers and web developers to create products for our clients. You will work closely with a highly skilled tight-knit team on the implementation of new product initiatives. You own the technical aspects of your deliverables and keep a close eye on estimates, status, productivity and code quality. You are proactive, are able to work with minimum supervision, and manage deliverables under tight deadlines in a fast-paced, changing environment.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Maintaining awareness of the latest industry trends and technologies
- Research and gather requirements for product development
- Providing technical advice to other departments
- Work with managers and developers to ensure projects release on time
- Plan, develop and maintain web and mobile applications that exceed client expectations.
- May also assist employees and clients with technical support and the installation and maintenance of the company’s network, servers and systems.
- Must perform other duties as assigned.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- At least 3 years of related work experience required.
- Individual should be an excellent problem solver who is team-oriented, task and deadline driven, self-motivated, and gives attention to detail on challenging projects of any scale.
- The selected applicant should demonstrate a track record of innovative problem solving and written and oral communication skills.
- Server side development experience with Java, .NET, PHP
- Experience writing and consuming web services – REST, SOAP
- CMFs/CMS: WordPress, Magento, AEM, SharePoint, DNN, Drupal, Liferay, etc.
- ASP.NET (C#) & SQL Server experience
- Some experience in mobile development (web-based or native) for iOS & Android
- Experience developing with in the LAMP Stack
- Good understanding of web-related protocols such as HTTP, SSL/SSH, FTP and TCP
- Experience using various IDEs – Eclipse, Visual Studio, Xcode, etc.
- Basic system administration for Linux & Windows (Mac OS a Plus)
- Web/Application – IIS, Apache, Apache Tomcat
- Database – MySQL, SQL Server
- Experience using version control system such as SVN & Git
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor degree in Computer Science, related degree or equivalent experience.